In this episode, Dr. Elana interviews a special guest, Lauren Mallari-Snyder. Lauren is doctor of physical therapy with a special focus on women's health and pelvic floor dysfunction.
This episode is all about SEX after baby! Yummy! Well, not so yummy at times after baby. Dr. Elana and Lauren explore why sex can be so painful after having a baby, what things we can do to prevent painful sex, and therapies we have access to help heal and rejuvenate so we can get it back on!
- Lauren's story and how she got so interested in this field.
- What pelvic floor physical therapists do and why getting checked is important.
- Causes of painful sex.
- What we can do to prevent painful sex.
- How to seek out help.
- And more!
- Body Gears SD
- More info on Lauren
- Click here to learn more about Dr. Elana Roumell’s Doctor Mom Membership, a membership designed for moms who want to be their child’s number one health advocate!
- Click here to learn more about Steph Greunke, RD’s online nutrition program and community, Postpartum Reset, an intimate private community and online roadmap for any mama (or mama-to-be) who feels stuck, alone, and depleted and wants to learn how to thrive in motherhood.