Today Dr. Elana interviews Jill Castle, one of the nation’s premier childhood nutrition experts. We explore the “love with limits” approach to feeding kids and discuss the most common feeding mistakes that often undermine success in raising healthy eaters. Jill shares an important and encouraging perspective about raising healthy eaters that all parents need to hear.
Enjoy the listen! You can find us on iTunes, Stitcher or Spotify. We’d love to hear your thoughts on Instagram or Facebook.
- Jill’s personal feeding philosophy as a mom of 4
- How modeling a healthy lifestyle impacts your kids
- Classic “mistakes” in feeding children
- Specific tips for parents of picky eaters and children with sensory processing disorder
- Jill’s tips for a meal and snack schedule
- Tips for how to have conversations with other adults who are feeding your children
- Jill’s Website
- Connect with Jill on Instagram and Facebook
- Jill’s book, Fearless Feeding: How to Raise Healthy Eaters from High Chair to High School
- Jill’s new workbook, Try New Foods: How to Help Picky Eaters Taste, Eat and Like New Foods
- The Nourished Child Podcast, Episode 72: Grandparents feeding children
- Jill’s e-course, The Nourished Child Project
- Hear Jill on the One Bad Mother Podcast, Episode 262
- Click here to learn more about Dr. Elana Roumell’s Doctor Mom Membership, a membership designed for moms who want to be their child’s number one health advocate!
- Click here to learn more about Steph Greunke, RD’s online nutrition program and community, Postpartum Reset, an intimate private community and online roadmap for any mama (or mama-to-be) who feels stuck, alone, and depleted and wants to learn how to thrive in motherhood.
Please remember that the views and ideas presented on this podcast are for informational purposes only. All information, content, and material presented on this podcast is for informational purposes and not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. Consult with your qualified physician or healthcare provider before starting any diet, supplement regimen, or to determine the appropriateness of the information shared on this podcast, or if you have any questions regarding pregnancy or your prenatal treatment plan.